Saturday, April 4, 2020

The Virus "Stay at Home" - 30 Day Retreat - Day 13


Sometimes prayer seems the only response.  I am feeling that way more and more as we live our sheltering experience. This prayer to the Holy Spirit filled me with peace today.  I hope it does the same for you.

Pray ...

Holy Spirit
I'm not asking you to cause life or death to disappear
hardship or distress to vanish
persecution or peril to evaporate.

But you can settle fears within this soul of mine
this panicked heart
this anxious spirit

Holy Spirit
Banish the Unholy Spirit
as real as you
but unwelcome.

You can quiet my qualms
Anxieties that dog my steps by day
Forebodings that haunt me by night

Holy Spirit
I'm not asking you to cause death or life to disappear
But to hearten me with the love of Christ
with a love for Christ

Amen



No comments: