Wednesday, July 21, 2021

An Irish Prayer

 Today I gird myself

 with the strength of God to direct me.

 The might of God to exalt me,

 the mind of God to lead me,

 the eye of God to watch over me,

 the ear of God to hear me,

 the word of God to speak to me,

 the hand of God to defend me,

 the path of God to go before me,

 the shield of God to guard me,

 the help of God to protect me,

 against the snares of demons,

 against the temptations of vices,

 against the tendencies of nature,

 against everyone who will wish me ill,

 far and near,

 among few and among many.

 

May Christ be with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,

 Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,

 Christ to my right, Christ to my left,

 Christ where I lie down, Christ where I sit, Christ where I stand,

 Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,

 Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks to me,

 Christ in every eye which looks on me,

 Christ in every ear which hears me.



No comments: